Midlands Net Zero Hub
The Midlands Net Zero Hub is funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) as part of the Clean Growth Strategy.
What is the Midlands Net Zero Hub?
The role of the Hub is to support the capacity of Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP) and local authorities to identify and deliver local energy strategies and projects. There are nine LEP areas across the Midlands and each LEP area has a locally based Senior Energy Project Officer. The project officers will provide support to help deliver energy projects being developed in each geographical region.
How we can help
The Midlands Net Zero Hub aims to provide here a comprehensive list of the various sources of funding aimed at local authorities and businesses who want to deliver local energy projects in England.
The Hub supports projects through the development stages, from options appraisal and feasibility, business case, design and planning through to financing.
Project support is allocated to selected schemes that best meet the aims of the programme. We would expect projects to;
- involve public or community sector organisations;
- align with the local enterprise partnerships’ energy strategies;
- have the potential to be scalable and/or replicable or form an aggregation of smaller projects into larger programmes;
- demonstrate clear benefits such as emissions reduction, renewable energy generation, energy cost savings;
- address common market failures such as unlocking economic development opportunities.